Friday, March 13, 2009

Coming to the end of the road

Hopefully, I haven't scared any of you with this title. This is good news, after all. It is official, at the end of March, I will be taking my last 5 day dose of chemotherapy. I have been doing this monthly dose for two years now and I am grateful that it is coming to an end. In May, I will begin to have an MRI every two months to monitor any tumor growth. It is possible that life will return to normal, although, I have been told it will not be the same "normal" as before (aka Pre-cancer). Of course, how could it be. My body has undergone all sorts of chemical warfare and I have been faced with the prospect of not living to 100 (like many other women in my family before me). I am still hopeful for many more years of life on earth - to be here for my kids, Ben and Lauren, ages soon to be 8 and 6; I just feel like God isn't done with me yet. So all that to say, please keep praying for us, this journey isn't over, not by a long-shot.

For a look at my "hair journey," watch this little video.

much love,
amy (jeff, ben and lauren)

No comments: