Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Remember the quilts?


Hello,
A few posts ago, I mentioned that I was part of a quilting group that makes small quilts for sick babies and children. On May 7th, our group donated 14 homemade quilts to the Miller's Children's Hospital at Long Beach Memorial. Within a few days, Linda, our leader, received this photo and a very gracious letter of thanks. I know this photo is grainy - it's a scan of a digital photo printed on office paper. It shows a baby girl in the pediatric ICU covered with a quilt I made! I just melted when I saw it. Originally, I assumed that we would be handing the quilts out ourselves and was a bit disappointed that we were "just dropping them off," perhaps never to know what came of them. It was a real blessing to see and hear how grateful the parents were to receive our little quilts. Our group is taking the summer off but will resume in the fall, so if any of you out there feel your talents with a needle and thread could be utilized, let us know.

love and blessings,
amy

No comments: